Thursday, July 23, 2009

Oregon

A few weeks ago I went to Portland for the wedding of one of my dearest friends!
Here are some high lights...
a) Went to a mansion with amazing gardens
b) and a great view of the wonderful city
c) Strolled around taking pictures
d) Went to Powell's Book store...which takes up an entire city block. Yes, I was in heaven.{ yes this is a first edition, yes i am extremely nerdy...however if you know my parents this does not surprise you in the slightest}
e) Ate some fabulous locally grown organic vegetarian food
f) Set up for the reception, which included folding napkins in fancy ways and tying a million bows.
g) Celebrated outside the temple with the happy couple
h) Went with the other bridesmaids to 7-11 for national Free Slurpee day
i) Danced the night away at the reception. (note: one of the groomsman happened to be a ballroom dancer...we tore it up on the dance floor and I loved every second of it. He was very tall...so tall that I was barely taller than his pants --irrelevant fact--. We were spinning and dipping and lifting...in retrospect I realize most people could probably see my little bum due to my extreme dancing, oh well, I had a wonderful time).
j) Cried like a baby during the first dance and father and daughter dance.
k) Took down the reception, and ate my weight in cake.
l) Listened to Dane Cook and laughed out loud in the airport.

CONGRATULATIONS LOLA AND RYAN COPELAND!!!

3 comments:

Beth said...

I love the Pittoch Mansion, but love Powell's Books even more. Glad you had fun!

Beth said...

Sorry - this is Erin. I'm on my sister's computer and forgot to log in as myself.

Lola + Ryan said...

I love this! Yay Pittock Mansion. Love love love it, and Portland, and Wok Bowls, and Powells.

I didn't know you cried during those two dances! Aww.

Thank you again for being with me, it meant the world!