Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sick and Stuff

First of all...I have been sick for 2.5 weeks.
I have seen the doctor at the student health clinic 3 times.
I have taken one round of antibiotic and codeine cough syrup
I still can't sleep due to pain.
Tomorrow I am going to the doctor ONCE AGAIN
I hope she can help me.

Enough complaining and on to Valentines Day.
Usually I am not a fan of extremely mushy disgusting blogs, despite being quite the romantic. However since Elaine and Jillian are the only two people who read it, and because over the last few weeks some of my friends at school metioned that they never see Ian and I together and they wonder if I even have a boyfriend, I decided...why not write a Valentines Day post.

We went to St. George and visited my grandma at her assisted living home. Ian taught her how to play canasta...super complicated game. She remembered all the rules WAY better than I did. Then we went to Olive Garden and acted like giddy school children because we were so excited for some of our favorite foods. We also laughed all through dinner (especially me). We are a fan of home made gifts. I made him a book called I Love You More Than... and he made me a rice bag that I can heat up in the microwave to keep me warm (yes, he sewed it). He also made the most fabulous card with little paper people that look JUST LIKE US. He cut them out by hand.(hes even holding up two fingers, since it is our second valentines day together)
(oh and disregard my bad crop job haha)

Goodness he's a artsy fellow.

His parents came this weekend and we played Munchkins...another complicated card game. It is a big deal to his family and they DO NOT MESS AROUND. Its so fun to see how into it everybody gets. It was my first time playing but Ian had no mercy. I was one level away from winning and so he was doing everything in his power to keep me from winning. He even blackmailed his dad into stealing an important card from me (I know this is kind of confusing, but the details of the game would take forever to type, not to mention probably bore Jill and Elaine to tears). This went on for a while. Then he drew a card that basically gave me the one level I needed to win based on my race and class. HA!! He was so put out, but thats what he gets for being dastardly.

I loved it. I love him. He makes my brain and my heart smile. I am never bored when hes around, and hes not bad looking either (**see new head shot, just taken this weekend).

Hows that for a mushy post?
***feel free to barf

5 comments:

Molly said...

Congratulations on two valentine's together! That's very exciting! We celebrated our third with pizza and putting babies to sleep. (sad, I know!) Sometimes it's nice to see a mushy post from you! I should probably do one sometime too!

skinners said...

Looks like you have at least 4 people who read your blog! And canasta is a great game. But I see a theme - we play it with my grandparents also... about once a week. Glad you had a good V-Day!!

Jillian said...

I'm not barfing! I'm loving this sensitive, loving, mushy side of B. Ah...we love Ian and Cody and their patience for their liber"nazi" women!!

Erin said...

I'm so glad I am finally in the circle of trust...and I'm not barfing either!

Lola + Ryan said...

Dang, these are all way good pics of Ian. I love it, and the drawings he did. So sweet.