
**Disclaimer: This blog is slightly political
Who am I kidding? That was the understatement of the year....this blog is blatantly politically charged. And I am completely un-apologetic. Yes I am a liberal (some might call me a raging liberal), YES I am completely thrilled about OBAMA, and YES I am very open about above statements. (so I guess that wasn't really a disclaimer after all...) none the less....here it goes**
-------- And if you don't agree I hope you love me anyway.
Today is a wonderful day in history, regardless of political parties.
We as Americans have made a huge leap in transcending race.
This is a important example we have set for the world.
The international community is smiling on us, which hasn't happened very often in the last 8 years.
More people voted in this election than in previous years, especially my generation.
Our country has preached for generations that we are the melting pot, where anybody can be anything. Where people overcome poverty, abuse, and disability. Where difference in lifestyle, race, class, culture and religion are welcomed. America has always looked at itself as a powerful country, that keeps the world community in mind, that governs with intelligence, diplomacy, and morality.
How have our actions reflected our words?
With Prop 8?
With Riots?
With neglect to foreign crisis (AKA Darfur) ?
With War?
With No Child Left Behind?
With scandal in Washington?
With the patriot act?
Racial Profiling?
I feel like today our words and actions are beginning to be on the same page.
Many people may fear change...
Its new
Often uncomfortable
Sometimes it isn't right the first time
It takes some getting used to
But in time of turmoil...
When what has been happening for years is obviously not working
It is necessary
"It is not necessary to change. Survival is not mandatory."
-W. Edwards Deming
I am full of patriotism for the first in a long time
I am proud to be an American
I can now tell any and all children that they can be anything, even president
I am excited to watch our country start something new
I can't wait to see what we can do.
God Bless America
3 comments:
Ditto.
God Bless America.
God Bless President Obama.
I was looking forward to your post today! I hope you had a great big party
Love it.
Except I have a hard time telling my children they can be anything until a woman can be president.
Never satisfied, you say? Maybe...
Post a Comment