Wednesday, December 31, 2008

On Ice

Poor Ian is moving for the fifth time in a year and a half...since I feel bad for him I decided to help him move his bed to his new place.
I was rewarded for my good deed.....
BY SLIPPING ON THE ICE AND FALLING ON THE STAIRS outside his apartment.

I tried to be brave but as soon as he expressed concern I burst into tears.
Not the cute 'please comfort me tears' no no more like hysterical 'i am soaking wet and in tons of pain' kind.
Ian felt terrible and I had to talk him out of rushing me to the hospital, he is blaming himself and even went so far to say that i was too tiny and fragile to be helping him move (i had to correct him in order to maintain my feminist pride).

So I am a cripple. HAPPY NEW YEAR.

P.S. The rewards for my good deed doesn't stop there....
Ian: Oooh, i think one of my roommates has started moving in their stuff, lets see...
**opens door
Me: That is 'old boyfriend's' stuff
Ian: How can you be sure
Me: I made that box
Ian: Oh
Thats right!!! Ian's new roommate is my old boyfriend.
Yay for moving!

1 comment:

RonElaine said...

Thank goodness "old boyfriend" wasn't there when you were moving stuff in! AKWARD! At least you had some time to prepare yourself!